Living Lightly recognizes the importance of spiritual fulfillment in leading a healthy and balanced life, and in building healthy, resilient and caring communities. Messages and core spiritual beliefs that may be associated with and/or contribute to Living Lightly include:
Photo By Tanakawho
- Living Lightly grants value and legitimacy to ethical behaviour, morality and spiritual pursuits and rewards.
- Genuine and lasting wealth, abundance, fulfillment and happiness are usually not material.
- Sharing wealth and control usually bring greater reward and security than personal accumulation beyond a point of basic comfort.
- Restraint and humility are virtues that last and contribute to personal and group resilience. Excess and bravado may appear productive in the short term but are
- Living Lightly and simply leaves more time and energy — as well as money/resources — for the art of living and the pursuit of beauty.
A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, beauty and stability of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise. (Aldo Leopold)